Clever title; right? Not my brilliance, so I can’t take credit. Point is…I have mono. I don’t know how. What I do know is that calling it contagious mononucleosis makes it sound way more intimidating. At least it explains the last few weeks, especially the lack of effort at Rev3 South Carolina. And that’s the weird part; ‘normal people’ stuff, going to school and running errands seem to be fine. Even easy running. Any kind of effort makes me yearn for a place to lay down though. So I suppose that’s what I’ll be doing for a few weeks. Being ‘normal’. Taking a break from cult that is triathlon. Also means my season may have ended a couple weeks back. I mean it is November almost and I have been racing since March. Anyway…worst case is planning 2014, like the Rev3 Age Group Championship. And that’s not a bad outlook at all.
Student, triathlete, and coach, racing after my professional triathlete license. I've come a long way since a car wreck put my in a coma in 2008, and I continue to chase my dreams as an athlete and person. Check out my first entry, "Quick History" for the full story of how it all got started.
What’cha lookin’ for…?
- New @powerbar Harvest & New Triple Threat bars dropped off for delicious sampling at the LBS. #PBTE #Cycling http://t.co/JLH1WksmIs 1 day ago
- This post-race appetite thing is ridiculous. I'm so tired of eating. Of food. I just want my tummy to stop its grumbly. 2 days ago
- True loved is shown when your girlfriend races you at the end of an iron distance triathlon. And you… instagram.com/p/4knBwxBNfb/ 5 days ago
- Post 140.6 miles at #ChallengeAC 'refuel'. Strawberry shake and chili cheese fries were warranted for… instagram.com/p/4fZQzaBNW9/ 1 week ago
- That's everything I need for 140.6 mile in Sunday at #ChallengeFamily #ChallengeAC. #RusterSports… instagram.com/p/4U52M0BNQX/ 1 week ago
- Follow There Is No Spoon on WordPress.com
- 19,448 hits
Tags5k 10k 13.1 2011 ART AVIA beet juice ben greenfield biotta naturals birthday blueseventy Challenge Family Challenge Triathlon Team crr cycling Endurance Concepts energy gel first endurance focus half marathon injury John tanner kestrel knoxville marathon montana nationals normatec open water swim Peak Racing Team Peak Racing Team Camp pearl izumi podium powerbar powerbar gel PR pro tip quassy Quintana Roo race race schedule recovery pump rev3 rev3 glow run rev3 knox rev3 raa rev3 south carolina rev3tri Reynolds wheels rules running SBR Sports shoes sick Sneaker Savior sore speed work sponsor Sports Rehab Shop swiftwick Swim Swimming teamec team rev3 trail trakkers triathlon trislide tri the parks tugaloo tyr ulman cancer fund UNF USAT nationals vacation