Clever title; right? Not my brilliance, so I can’t take credit. Point is…I have mono. I don’t know how. What I do know is that calling it contagious mononucleosis makes it sound way more intimidating. At least it explains the last few weeks, especially the lack of effort at Rev3 South Carolina. And that’s the weird part; ‘normal people’ stuff, going to school and running errands seem to be fine. Even easy running. Any kind of effort makes me yearn for a place to lay down though. So I suppose that’s what I’ll be doing for a few weeks. Being ‘normal’. Taking a break from cult that is triathlon. Also means my season may have ended a couple weeks back. I mean it is November almost and I have been racing since March. Anyway…worst case is planning 2014, like the Rev3 Age Group Championship. And that’s not a bad outlook at all.
Student, triathlete, and coach, racing after my professional triathlete license. I've come a long way since a car wreck put my in a coma in 2008, and I continue to chase my dreams as an athlete and person. Check out my first entry, "Quick History" for the full story of how it all got started.
What’cha lookin’ for…?
- RT @all3sportscom: Don't forget our huge birthday blowout Sunday 1p - 5p. Food. Fun. And amazing deals - up to 50% off. Join us. 13 hours ago
- 5 hours in the saddle and a t-run, I make real food. Quinoa, egg whites, sprouted lentils, all the… instagram.com/p/16VzjSBNTp/ 14 hours ago
- RT @TheAverageShark: Swim swim swim swim bite 1 day ago
- RT @NewtonRunning: Our 2015 sock liners offer a metatarsal pad to facilitate greater balance as you contact the ground. #FeatureFriday http… 1 day ago
- Holy pain Batman. The Thursday night group ride is no joke. Pro: I've never hit a max power that high. Con: battery acid for blood. #Cycling 2 days ago
- Follow There Is No Spoon on WordPress.com
- 19,165 hits
Tags5k 10k 13.1 2011 ART AVIA beet juice ben greenfield biotta naturals birthday blueseventy Challenge Family Challenge Triathlon Team crr cycling Endurance Concepts energy gel first endurance focus half marathon injury John tanner kestrel knoxville marathon montana nationals normatec open water swim Peak Racing Team Peak Racing Team Camp pearl izumi podium powerbar powerbar gel PR pro tip quassy Quintana Roo race race schedule recovery pump rev3 rev3 glow run rev3 knox rev3 raa rev3 south carolina rev3tri Reynolds wheels rules running SBR Sports shoes sick Sneaker Savior sore speed work sponsor Sports Rehab Shop swiftwick Swim Swimming teamec team rev3 trail trakkers triathlon trislide tri the parks tugaloo tyr ulman cancer fund UNF USAT nationals vacation